Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Top 10 Luxuries: Materialism isn't always so bad.

My list of some luxuries myself and probably a whole lot of other guys want or have.

1. Mosley Tribes aviators
Photochromatic, so they darken under UV... light enough to wear indoors so you don't have to make eye contact with anyone who tries to get your attention or wants to make small talk at the gym while you go to your locker. "Not now chief, I'm in the zone."


2.  BMW ///M Series
The M3 is one of the best 6 cylinder engines I ever had the opportunity to drive and own. Very torquey, responsive, predictable, and exudes a classic european demeanor of notes of exotic aggression, paired with quality tuned mechanics. Fit and finish inside blows away any entry level 3 series.


3. Klipsch S4i Earphones
Best bang for your buck for earphones. I have tried ultimate ears, Shure SE500s, Dre. Beats, Skullcandy, Urbanears... out of all of them these are the ones to have. Great base, great range, great comfort while working out, and an external control to switch songs and change volume (even for Pandora on iphones) Do not workout without these. 




4. Salvatore Ferragamo Shoes
All leather soles... You get what you pay for. These will last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance. You have to try it to understand. 


5. Mont Blanc Wallets
Mont Blanc makes top quality leather products that I prefer over Gucci, Ferragamo, Etc., although I did get mine pickpocket at Ruby Skye... have to love SF.



6. Jack Black Body Rehab
This stuff is heaven. Best feeling concoction in the world after a workout. Put on in the shower, turn water off rub in...once you try this you will be addicted.






7. Miir Water Bottle



I used to drink bottled water.... until I watched the documentary "tapped" on netflix... after that I made a point to carry around a water bottle (non plastic- parabens in plastic can mess with one's neuro chemistry by acting like an estrogen) Miir makes a great stainless steel product and I like their mission statement.

8.ML63 AMG by Mercedes

Only way I want to get to Tahoe.

9. Apple TV
This box isn't as versatile as the Roku box for $50... but their new movies are always updated, they have an expansive  library of digital content, and podcasts and radio streaming, as well as mirroring capabilities make the Apple TV a good investment.

10. Lululemon
I was one of the first guys to step into this store, as it was primarily seen as a women's high end yoga clothing store, however this company succeeded in fulfilling a niche noone knew existed... The high quality, comfortable fitted simple and sophisticated casual yet versatile men's workout fashion market. I always thought I would do well in this field, but whoever is running their men's department isn't doing a bad job. My only complaint would be that their women's selection is 100x more expansive than their men section, and their designs are limited, hit me up Lululemon, seems like you guys are in dire need of a new VP of marketing to grow your business 10x fold. There is so much potential here.

No comments:

Post a Comment